Uninstall Hidden Devices, Drivers, and Services
To get rid of unwanted drivers, devices, or services, use the following steps:
- Open the Start menu and choose Run.
- Type in cmd and click OK.
- At the command prompt, type in set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and press Enter. (Note that nothing seems to happen. This is expected. You are actually setting an environment variable which is going to help you to see hidden devices.)
- On the next command prompt line, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. This will launch the Windows Device Manager Console.
- In the Device Manager Console, from the View menu, select Show Hidden Devices.