HP iPAQ rx59XX Travel Companion (rx5910 rx5915 rx5935 rx5940 rx5965)
- 1 Troubleshooting BT Phone Manager
- 2 hpLauncher
- 3 Time goes back to Monday 18. September 2006 00:00
- 4 SDHC Cards
- 5 Phone keeps calling with GPRS when using Internet Explorer even if a wireless network connection exists
- 6 Windows Mobile Device Center
- 7 Error installing Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter
- 8 Memory handling in Windows Mobile 5.0
- 9 Migrating to Windows Mobile 5.0
- 10 TomTom Home
- 11 Spare parts
Troubleshooting BT Phone Manager
If BT Phone Manager stops working when you open it from the Settings page you can't connect to a GPRS phone.
The problem can be fixed by running the BTPhoneManager.exe in the Windows folder. This is a hidden file so you need to select Menu - Show All Files in the FIle Explorer to show hidden files. Running BTPhoneManager.exe from the Windows folder will repair the shortcut.
There is also a copy of BTPhoneManager.exe in Program FIles\BTPhoneManager this can't be run I guess it is from here it is installed to the Windows folder. If you try to run it you will get: The file 'BTPhoneManager' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file.
If hpLauncher stops working use File Explorer to find it in the Windows folder and run it once from here. The shortcut in Start - Programs will still fail. It needs to be replaced by a new one.
- hpLauncher on iPAQ rx5765 can't open
- HPLauncher problem (rx59xxx series)
- hpLuancher in ipaq rx 5940
- rx5915 sync problems (and others)
- 10 hard resets (rx 59xx series) is enough
Time goes back to Monday 18. September 2006 00:00
Sometimes you can find the device with no power on (the battery drained itself).
This sometimes causes the date and time in the device to start from Monday 18. September 2006 00:00.
SDHC cards is a new type og SD cards which allows up to 32GB of date compared to the SD cards maximum of 2GB.
SDHC cards can only be recognized by newer devices with drivers for SDHC.
It might be possible to use SDHC cards on older Windows Mobile 5 or 6 devices by installing SDHC-Artemis.cab found different places on the internet.
Read more here: http://www.ipmart-forum.com/showthread.php?t=210567&page=2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=344349 http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15884&sid=740237278b3b579a874a96a6b14ef1bf
Phone keeps calling with GPRS when using Internet Explorer even if a wireless network connection exists
Go to Start - Settings - Connections - Network Cards. Click on the Network Adapters tab at the bottom. Set "My network card connects to:" to "The Internet".
Switch between GPRS and WiFi
How to tell the device to use WiFi instead of GPRS:
Go to Settings > conenctions tab > connections icon > advanced tab >
select network and choose "my work network" for Internet access.
Windows Mobile Device Center
Don't enable both bluetooth and USB at the same time, then you won't get a connection. The pocketPC will show up as a Network Device with an error.
Error installing Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter
I got my Pocker PC back from repair.
After reconnecting it to my Windows Vista PC it tried to install a new "Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter #2".
To solve the problem I did the following:
- Disconnect the device and reboot
- Start a command prompt as administrator
- In the command prompt type the following commands
- set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
- In device manager select View - Show Hidden Devices
- In the device manager uninstall Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter
- Reconnect the device again, now it will install "Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter" with succes
Memory handling in Windows Mobile 5.0
- Chris De Herrera's Windows CE Website
- Windows Mobile 5.0 Soft Reset
- Windows Mobile 5.0 Memory Management
Migrating to Windows Mobile 5.0
It sholud be possible to make a backup of TomTom with TomTom Home
Here you can buy spare parts. They also have repair videos like this RX4000 (looks like RX59XX).