Run Windows Vista for free without activating for 120 days
If you need to run Vista for test or experiments you can install it without activating. It will run full functional in 30 days without activation.
Just before the 30 period ends, you can obtain a new 30 days by rearming Vista. This can be done 3 times giving you a total of 120 days without activating.
The only thing you have to do, is to rearm just before the grace periods expire.
To rearm follow these steps:
- Start a 'Command Prompt' as Administrator (Right click on Start - Accessories - Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator).
- Chande directory to C:\Windows\System32 or whereever your System32 is (cd c:\windows\system32).
- Run the command: slmgr -rearm
- Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message.
- After the command has finished restart the computer
Each time the script is run it adds another 30 day grace period to the system. So if the system can be maintained in a state of grace for up to 120 days without activation.
Important: Remember to rearm Vista before the 30 day grace period expires.