How to make Asrock 330HT-BD ION spin down disks
There is a problem with NVIDIAS driver for "NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller". It won't spin down the SATA or eSATA disks. If you show properties for the "NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller" in the device manager, it shows Driver Version: 126.96.36.199 and Driver Date: 30-06-2009. It with the nForce driver set 15.46. To make your disks spin down, you must use Windows 7's built in driver for SATA. Follow these steps, oo replace NVIDIAS driver with Windows.
- Open the Device Manager
- Expand IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers
- Right click on NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller
- Select Update Driver Software...
- Select Browse my computer for driver software
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Select Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller
- Select Next
- Select Close and Yes to restart.