How to install and configure MediaPortal
- TBS: TV Tuners Antenna-DVB-T-T2 for PC (USB / external)
- TBS-5881 DVB T2 C Single Tuner with CI USB Hybrid TV Box
- MediaPortal - TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements
List of tuners and chipsets
Price in chine about 25DKK
- 50mm Mini Pci-e mSATA SSD to Flat SATA 7p Hard Disk Drive PCBA Extension Adapter
- StarTech.com mSATA to SATA HDD/SSD Adapter Proshop 148,-
- Sata to external eSata AV-Connection 59,- DKK
New: Bugreports on new 1.2.1 MediaPortal
This is a quick guide to install and configure MediaPortal 1.1.0 Final from scratch.
It shows how to enable the Electronic Program Guide (EPG), how to enable DVB Subtitles and how to configure Power Scheduler to automatically turn on your media PC when needed for recording scheduled programs.
I'm running this on an ASRock ION 330HT-BD, but the setup should be the same for other hardware. On my ASRock ION 330HT-BD the released version of MediaPortal has some glitches and are not playing as smooth as previos release candidates. The fix is here Fix if you have glitches and stutter.
MediaPortal - TV Server Configuration
Open Plugins - Power Scheduler
- Enable both shutdown and wakeup in the General section to globally enable both features. If you disable any of these options, it will be disabled for the MediaPortal client as well!
- Set Shutdown mode to either Suspend or Hibernate.
MediaPortal - Configuration
Open MediaPortal - Configuration.
- Switch to expert mode, and go to Plugins.
- Enable the PowerScheduler client Plugin.
- Switch to standard mode.
Select the PowerScheduler client Plugin again, and press Config.
- Check Shutdown client after being idle 5 minutes.
- Shutdown mode = Suspend.
Fix if you have glitches and stutter
The released version of MediaPortal 1.1.0 might have glitches and stutter while playing video on some hardware.
I have found these two threads about it, and it they recommend replacing dshowhelper.dll with the one in dshowhelper_owlsroost_v0020_buffer5_dll_and_patch.zip. I did that, and it looks like it have fixed my problem.
I was wondering why MediaPortal released version doesn't contain the best version, and found this comment in the second thread: Unfortunately this version works worse for some people but better for others. We went with the version that was found to be best for the most people.