COM and .NET - Links to documents and tutorials
Making C# .NET COM Servers
- Exposing .NET Components to COM - A method of calling .NET functions from a COM enabled non .NET environment through a COM callable wrapper
- Building COM Servers in .NET - Learn the fundamental principles of building COM DLL and EXE Servers using a .NET language
- Build and Deploy a .NET COM Assembly
Merge all dependencies into one .NET COM component
Loading Assemblies from code
Component Object Model (General)
- DCOM Architecture
- Creating and Registering COM Components with LocalService
- Inside Distributed COM: Type Libraries and Language Integration
If it won't work and you get strange errors like
- CreateObject (-2146233079 automation error).
- 80010002 "Call was canceled by the message filter"
Try putting try/catch handlers in your .NET code (especially the constructor) with tracing...
Use Trace.WriteLine(e); and Sysinternals Dbgview.exe to trace what is happening